November 24, 2009

Supa-update-show

So last week I talked about how difficult it is to find new artist to play every week. This week I was reminded why I do it – yet again.
I know what makes it worth it: when you hear something original, artistic, clever, melodic, and charming.


What I Found

I’m talking about James Yuill, a folktronica singer –seriously I’m not making up the category – from London. And yes, he’s on an independent label called Moshi Moshi. A label that released albums for Bloc Party, Mates of State, Hot Chip, and Fanfarlo just to name a few.

Below is my favorite song by him so far.


If you don't love the song: I don't know what to tell you.

Concert Reminder

Also, a gentle reminder that Winter Gloves will be playing this Friday at the Lo Pub. It should be a great time so I hope to see some of you show up for this high energy show.
Below is a video of them playing the song Factories while riding around in Old Montreal. You know a band is talented when they don't need to be plugged in to sound great.


Just For Fun

I could go on forever about this band. And I've played on my radio show a couple of times, but I still wanted to share a bit more of their music with you. From what I can remember the members of this band spent a lot of time in West Africa and learned to play a variety of instruments. They took African music and added salt and pepper to taste.

Here's one of the only videos I found:

No comments: