March 9, 2009

This one's for the slupree kids

Album: Grand
Record Label: Fader Label
Release date: January 20, 2009
Stars: 2.5
Skippable Tracks : ?

This band has been causing a whole lot of hype in the past year, so I decided to chcek them out. Matt and Kim "sold-out" even before the release of their second album. Their song "Yea Yeah" was the theme for a Virgin Mobile commercial in 2008, and was also used to promote the movie Juno in the US. I must admit that the commercial was what initially got me interested in checking out the band, and I can’t say I was all that disappointed with what I heard since it was exactly what I expected it to be: Very simple, very energetic college pop. Like the title of the post suggests, it may be an album that you may want to listen to if you are having some younger people over at your place or if you are just young at heart.
The whole album is under half an hour, so it really doesn't really give you a chance to even skip a song, since by the time you realize the track is repetitive, the song is over.
I'm including one new track, and one old track below. Check out the whole album if you are interested. It's really not that bad and is fun to listen to if you are in the mood to feel young.



Matt & Kim loading up on sugar before a big show



No comments: