February 16, 2010

Yukon Blonde

It’s been a long, long time I know – A while ago I promised that I would let you know about something I found that I was really enjoying, so here it is.

I’ve really been enjoying Yukon Blonde’s self titled debut album. The album is a very straight-forward rock album with a 60s vibe. The guitar riffs are not crazy and “flashy”, but rather have a crisp, tight, modest sound. This, accompanied by the great voice of Jeff Innes, and the solid base playing makes it a great album to leave on repeat.

The band is from Kelowna, BC and have been around since 2005. Yukon Blonde, formerly known as Alphababy, consists of Jeff Innes, Brandon Scott, Adam Newton, and Graham Jones and is touring part of Canada and the US. However, Winnipeg got shafted.



Download Yukon Blonde

Yukon Blonde MySpace

2 comments:

Greg M. Berg said...

Cool post Miguel! This group has a great sound. It hints to me of Joel Plaskett and a bit of Dan Bejar for good measure.

Miguel said...

Glad you like it. I found out after I wrote this that the band is coming to town in April. I'll be going for sure.